Important facts about life I learned while watching Leap Year
- It is possible to walk for hours upon hours in five inch high heels, but only if those high heels are over six-hundred dollars, and definitely only if they’re covered in cow poop. Poorly maintained roads optional.
- It’s bad luck to begin a journey on a Sunday, unless that journey is marriage, at which point you should also build a well.
- If you want to meet the man of your dreams (who you didn’t know was the man of your dreams), fly to some exotic destination, and once you arrive there, be clumsier than a hurricane. This will clearly attract him straight to you.
- And also, real men love women who vomit on their shoes.
- Ireland is gorgeous.
- Men with accents are way sexier than men with American “accents”. (Wait, I already knew that.)
- The idea of women proposing marriage is, ahem, ridiculous. We must instead twiddle our thumbs or move on with life.
- If a movie promises a happy ending, and features an incredibly sexy hero, I’ll stay up way past my bedtime to watch it.
- If you want to really learn how to cook, you must first break a chicken’s neck with your bare hands. BARE HANDS.
- And loving your spouse means that when you kiss them, you must make everyone else around you feel uncomfortable. If you don’t, then you’ll never make it to 40 years of marriage.
The best thing about this is that I actually liked the movie. Yes, I can like movies that are easily made fun of. Win for me!