Resolution Round-Up: January
Yesterday I was very involved in reading a book (coughUnveiledcoughitsamazingcough), so I couldn’t find the time for a blog post. Hence this unusual Friday post! (Yes, it’s Friday in Japan.)
SO! I find it hard to believe that January is almost over. Didn’t we just have the New Year? How can we already be one-twelfth of the way through the year? Anyone else a little shocked? This is especially frightening because I want to start querying Singular in early February. AHHH! So, considering that this is kinda-sorta-notreally a milepoint, I should re-examine my New Years Resolutions to see how I’m doing.
- I will speak less Japanese in class. I think I’m doing better, but there’s a long way to go. Especially in my lower performing classes.
- Not applying for the Peace Corps until later in the year. No problems here.
- I will study Japanese and Chinese. AHAHAHAHAHAHA, unless you count learning random slang. I don’t study enough. Working on getting up the motivation.
- Also not applying for the Foreign Service until later. BUT I will start studying once I finish giving my lovely sister her wedding gift. Should be next month.
- I will finish two novels. Well, I’m hard at work editing Singular. But I have had several glimmers of future ideas. We’ll see how they pan out once I can focus on them.
- I will market myself. So far, so good, though I think I could be more aggressive. I’m slowly coming out of my shell.
- There has been lots of melodrama. Awesome.
- Query Singular: Getting there!
- Critting Well, so far no one’s taken over a week. We’ll see what happens if I ever get a full in my inbox.
- Enter a photo contest I have yet to enter a photo contest. I know. But hey, it’s only January!
- Credit Card Balance Under $1000 Hasn’t happened yet, but I haven’t spent anything on my credit card yet this year. I only have about $2500 to go. 😦
- I will read a book a week See my current book list below. So far, so good!
- Donations to charity: water Did January’s just before I started typing this blog entry. I feel like a good person. And someone has water for twenty years because of me. That’s pretty much amazing.
- charity: water drive Haven’t even had a chance to think about it. Sigh. Not quite sure how I want to go about it yet.
- I will run 5x a week AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHA X1000. No. Not at all. I’m a fatty.
So overall, I’m not doing as bad as I thought. I guess failure always seems bigger when you’re only thinking about it, and not what you ARE doing. I’m not one of those types who gives up on a resolution just because I didn’t manage to it all year. So I’ll keep trying to work up my motivation to exercise and study Japanese/Chinese. And also think of a good way to run a charity: water drive that hopefully won’t be as exhausting as the 2009 one.
Oh, who am I kidding? It’s gonna be overwhelming.
And finally, here’s my 2011 book list:
- Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin (Historical Romance)
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (YA contemp) View my Dear Nikki review here.
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis (YA Sci-fi/dystopian) View my Dear Mom review here.
- XVI by Julie Karr (YA dystopian)
- Unveiled by Courtney Milan (Historical Romance)
Hope you had a great January! Do you think I’m crazy? Any good fundraising ideas? And PS, you know you want to donate to charity water now, anyway. Or your own favorite charity. 😀