A list of food I want to make
Once I get enough money to buy all the ingredients. 😀
- Peanut butter chocolate spread. I tried it with almond and blood orange olive oil before, but I think it was a case of too much flavor without enough experience of how to balance them all out. So I’ll go simple and easy for the next batch.
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes. Featuring this orange cupcake recipe, along with an infusion of blood orange olive oil for extra orange bang. (I use a little less butter to balance the fat.) Frosting will probably be a regular buttercream, but rather than milk I rock flattened cream soda. Heck yeah.
- Butternut Cinnamon Bread. The squash I bought for this recipe STARTED TO MOLD. I am bereft.
- Chocolate Malt Bars. A holiday staple in my family. Rich and chocolatey and delicious, they require a great deal of powdered sugar for the chocolate malt frosting. Unfortunately, powdered sugar in Japan is REALLY expensive. I’ve heard that I can make powdered sugar using my food processor, but also that the granules will scrape the plastic. Have not yet decided which is more important to me.
- Pumpkin soup.
I make a mean Ginger Carrot soup, Chicken Noodle, Red Bell Pepper, and Tomato (when I don’t go for all canned, blech). Have not yet tried pumpkin, but pretty sure I can do it easy. (HAHAHAHA, famous last words.)
- Some kind of cheesecake. I could try to perfect my Matcha (Green Tea) cheesecake recipe, or work on the Oatmeal Raisin cheesecake idea I had for the J-Fresh (another ALT on the island). Or just a plain lemon cheesecake with lemon curd. Made that before and it was amazing.
- Stir-fried pork and bean sprouts. Ordered it at a restaurant on the island. It was delicious. Pretty sure I can make it very easily, cheaper, and better. Shall try this for dinner soon.
- Tofu-kimchi. Ditto above.
- Pancakes. Because it’s just been way too long. Which means I gots to get some maple syrup. (Also horrendously expensive in Japan.)
- As in this blog post, I just feel like I need a 10.
Wow. I really like to make lists.
Anything you’ve been craving lately? Do you like to cook/bake as much as me? I’m pretty much obsessed with it, and it’s been killer to not be able to cook as much these last few weeks because I’ve been on such a tight budget. (That’s what I get for leaving the island and, GASP, being social.) Also, I miss the ease of getting western ingredients. Oh well.