Resolution Round-Up: April
This has been one of the craziest months of my life. I’ve been super-awesome busy, somehow managed to achieve one of my life goals (yeah, seriously), and eaten nearly my weight in nutella. (OMG ZOINKS AMAZING.) I’ve come to grips with some of my personal flaws–many more to go on that count–and I think I’ve made quite a number of new friends.
THIS IS ROCKING, FOLKS.
So, let’s get this round-up shiznits started.
- I will speak less Japanese in class. Good for the first and second years. And ironically TERRIBLE for the third years. It’s really discouraging to me that, on the whole, my first and second years have better English listening than my third years, but that’s what I’m working to change. Just need to stop getting impatient and switching to Japanese..
- Apply to Peace Corps or something in Europe: Leaning towards something in Europe at this point since I realized how much I depend on the internet. HOW WOULD I LIVE WITHOUT YOU? Internet, stop looking at me like that. Don’t make me start singing a rap ballad with Rihanna.
- I will study Japanese and Chinese. No studying. Chinese is turning into DOOM. Oh noooooo this is terrible. But I really don’t have much time to study–not unless I want to go crazy.
- Apply to the Foreign Service. I started watching The Daily Show and the Colbert Report again. Also much more consistent reading of the news. Does that count towards studying? (Answer: not really.)
- I will finish two novels. Still plotting. But it iz funs..
- I will join twitter and blog more often. ACCOMPLISHED.
- I LOVE MELODRAMA BAD.
- Query Singular: Well, I got myself an agent of total and utter awesome so…ACCOMPLISHED.
- Critting quickly: Generally speaking I’m within seven days, especially for Crits for Water. But there’s one open on my desktop right now I’ve had for at least 10 days. Sigh..
- Enter a photo contest: …no
- Credit Card Balance Under $1000: Still paying it off slowly. Hopefully this will accelerate soon. Solidly under $3000 at this point.
- I will read a book a week: Behind, but still chugging along!
- Donations to charity: water: April 2011 has been DONE.
- charity: water drive: HAPPENING NOW. Donate. Get a crit.
- I will run 5x a week: Surprisingly enough, I have started exercising again. Might have to consider changing this to bike five times a week, though.
And finally, BOOKLIST, 2011:
- Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin (Historical Romance)
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (YA contemp)
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis (YA futuristic/dystopia)
- XVI by Julie Karr (YA dystopia)
- Unveiled by Courtney Milan (Historical Romance)
- Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore (YA fantasy/steampunk)
- Romancing the Countess by Ashley March (Historical Romance) MS
- before i fall by Lauren Oliver (YA contemporary)
- StarCrossed by Elizabeth Bunce (YA fantasy)
- Divergent by Victoria Roth (YA dystopia) ARC
- Hereafter by Tara Hudson (YA paranormal/romance) ARC
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano (YA dystopia)
- When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James (Historical Romance)
- Sean Griswold’s Head by Lindsey Leavitt (YA contemporary)