Special Guest Crit: Joanna Volpe Auction
THIS AUCTION IS NOW CLOSED.
Note: If you won Sara’s auction, you are not eligible for a crit from Jo. SORRY.
About Joanna: Joanna Stampfel-Volpe has been with the agency for two years. She represents children’s and adult books, fiction and non-fiction. When she’s not reading (which is almost never), she enjoys cooking, watching movies, playing video games, and hanging with her husband and her Chihuahua, PeeWee.
Joanna Stampfel-Volpe’s career in publishing began with Barnes & Noble by day and publishing courses by night. After securing a position as an editorial assistant with an independent publisher, Blue Martin Publications, and working there for about a year, she joined FinePrint Literary as an unpaid intern. Three months later she was offered a paid assistant position, which quickly led to a position as a junior agent four months after that. Her first sale went to auction. In January of 2008, she joined Nancy Coffey Literary & Media Representation as a full-time agent.
To get a closer look into Jo’s mind, I asked, “What instrument would you want to play perfectly, if any?”
The ocarina, a la Zelda and the Ocarina of Time.
- Comment on THIS BLOG POST with your bid. Bidding starts at US$1.
- You may, of course, bid more than once.
- Once the auction closes, if you are the highest bidder, I will contact you to donate.
- Please DO NOT donate unless I email you! SERIOUSLY.
- Donate your winning bid to the mycharitywater campaign page by May 23.
- If the bid is not donated by then, I’ll contact the second highest bidder to donate, and so-on.
- Once the donation is made, email me the file.
Questions? Stick ‘em in the comments, contact me on twitter, or send me an e-mail (katharine_brauer @ yahoo.com).
Go forth and bid!