Resolution Round-Up: May
May was a crazy busy month. Not only did Crits for Water pick up (like MAD. You guys are so great!), but I started exercising more often, visited Fukuoka twice, and work really got a little insane, too. It’s been hard to get through it all, but the rewards are most definitely worth it. And I’m loving reading everyone’s MSs. It’s fun and interesting to see how creative y’all are. 😀
So! Let’s get this party started.
- I will speak less Japanese in class. First years: rocking. Second years: pretty good. Third years: abysmal failure. Though really, considering that we’re analyzing “The Road not Taken” by Robert Frost right now, and that involves a great deal of advanced language that the students are a bit iffy on…well, I’m okay with the use of Japanese there. Right now they’re studying CULTURE, and that’s okay, too.
- Apply to Peace Corps or something in Europe: Not yet. Trying to figure out what I want to do, I guess.
- I will study Japanese and Chinese. My Japanese is improving without studying. Chinese = fail.
- Apply to the Foreign Service. HAHAHAHAHA there has been no studying at all. But I’m constantly THINKING about it, and that’s what counts. …right?
- I will finish two novels. Not yet.
- I will join twitter and blog more often. ACCOMPLISHED.
- Oh man, I had so much drama this past month I barely even know what to do with myself. Not writing related. And I remembered why I don’t like drama (most of the time).
- Query Singular: ACCOMPLISHED.
- Critting quickly: Well. I’m doing my best, all considering. But I’m officially at a two week critting time and that is growing. I’m SO SORRY guys. I’ll do my best to be more prompt, but I figure you’d rather have my sane, slow response than a fast, crazy one.
- Enter a photo contest: …no
- Credit Card Balance Under $1000: Well, because of my bike snafu, it’s still lowering slowly but surely. The next payment will get it ALMOST to under $2000. THE END IS IN SIGHT. That is, if I don’t use it at all to pay for my hopeful trip to South Korea this summer.
- I will read a book a week: I’m failing.
- Donations to charity: water: May 2011 has been DONE.
- charity: water drive: HAPPENING NOW. Donate. Get a crit. Susan Dennard’s is open for another 20-ish hours, and Meghan Conrad’s for another 44-ish.
- I will exercise 5x a week: Well, flamenco, fan dancing, Ava Camp two times (usually). I’m still one behind.
And finally, BOOKLIST, 2011:
- Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin (Historical Romance)
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (YA contemp)
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis (YA futuristic/dystopia)
- XVI by Julie Karr (YA dystopia)
- Unveiled by Courtney Milan (Historical Romance)
- Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore (YA fantasy/steampunk)
- Romancing the Countess by Ashley March (Historical Romance) MS
- before i fall by Lauren Oliver (YA contemporary)
- StarCrossed by Elizabeth Bunce (YA fantasy)
- Divergent by Victoria Roth (YA dystopia) ARC
- Hereafter by Tara Hudson (YA paranormal/romance) ARC
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano (YA dystopia)
- When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James (Historical Romance)
- Sean Griswold’s Head by Lindsey Leavitt (YA contemporary)
- Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean (Historical Romance)
- Unlocked by Courtney Milan (Historical Romance)