Resolution Round-Up: June
Well. Crits for Water has finished. And I am…I don’t quite know how to wrap my words around the feelings pouring out of my head and heart. Hopefully I’ll come up with something pithy and dynamic for my “Reflections on Fundraising, and Other Jazz” post of some sort that will go up next week. Look out for it. It’s gonna be epic.
The moral of the story is this:
With a initial goal of $5000,
we raised $6,808.
That will give 340 people clean, sustainable water.
Or about 85 families.
Or a whole community.
That’s so full of awesome. YOU ARE AWESOME. I feel like I need to celebrate! Drinks on me. If you’re of age and can make it to my tiny island in Japan in the next 12 hours 😉
In other news, here’s the winner of the last Super Sekrit Giveaway…
I’ll be contacting you soon. But here’s what you’re winning…
This also counts as my charity: water donation for last month because proceeds from this bracelet help fund the costs of the organization–paying their staff, buying staplers, the everyday items that allow all public donations to go straight towards the field.
So yay! Hope you like it, Kathleen 🙂
And now! To my “Must Keep Writing These to Keep Myself Focused on Goals and Stuff.”
- I will speak less Japanese in class. First years: rocking. Second years: pretty good. Third years: abysmal failure. But really, I’m struggling with the third years in general.
- Apply to Peace Corps or something in Europe: Not yet.
- I will study Japanese and Chinese. Well, my Japanese is getting better, though mostly I’m studying via absorption.
- Apply to the Foreign Service. … no comment.
- I will finish two novels. Uhhhhhh no.
- I will join twitter and blog more often. ACCOMPLISHED.
- Drama is awesome.
- Query Singular: ACCOMPLISHED.
- Critting quickly: FAIL.
- Enter a photo contest: HAHAHAHAHA no.
- Credit Card Balance Under $1000: Ugh. Due to some crazy happenstances over the last month, this has shot back up above $2000. Gaaaaaah.
- I will read a book a week: FAIL.
- Donations to charity: water: June 2011 will be done VERY SOON.
- charity: water drive: ACCOMPLISHED.
- I will exercise 5x a week: Currently: FAIL.
And finally, BOOKLIST, 2011:
- Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin (Historical Romance)
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (YA contemp)
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis (YA futuristic/dystopia)
- XVI by Julie Karr (YA dystopia)
- Unveiled by Courtney Milan (Historical Romance)
- Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore (YA fantasy/steampunk)
- Romancing the Countess by Ashley March (Historical Romance) MS
- before i fall by Lauren Oliver (YA contemporary)
- StarCrossed by Elizabeth Bunce (YA fantasy)
- Divergent by Victoria Roth (YA dystopia) ARC
- Hereafter by Tara Hudson (YA paranormal/romance) ARC
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano (YA dystopia)
- When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James (Historical Romance)
- Sean Griswold’s Head by Lindsey Leavitt (YA contemporary)
- Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean (Historical Romance)
- Unlocked by Courtney Milan (Historical Romance)