10 Things I Learned Watching Jane Eyre
- Men with bipolar disorder are not dangerous, just misunderstood, and therefore sexy.
- Scruff is nice. Epic beards…not so much.
- There can be sexual tension between people who look like they’re wearing pillowcases.
- Mia Wasikowska has a distractingly small waist.
- Dario Marianelli makes amazing, atmospheric scores. Really, period movies just have the best scores ever. (See also: Becoming Jane and the Kiera Knightley Pride and Prejudice.)
- In order to be considered a legitimately crazy person, you have to be wearing excessive eye liner.
- The wedding gowns in the early 1800s were kind of hideous. (See also: BBC’s Pride and Prejudice.)
- If you want a woman to fall in love with you, compare her to a bird trapped in a cage.
- People are super clueless when it comes to romance. For serious.
- Actual legitimate thing: being spirited and certain/confident of oneself and one’s values is always far more attractive than pretty faces and pretty manners.
Yeah, I bought it, and I’ll watch it again.
What important life lessons have YOU learned from a movie lately, minions?