10 things I learned while watching Match Point
- Even when he’s playing a douche, Jonathan Rhys Meyers is still insanely attractive, zoinks.
- Dramatic tension is SO COOL.
- Because you’re all, “But this has to happen! I’m expecting it!”. You glance at your friends and squeal in fear/excitement, and then BOOM. IT DOESN’T HAPPEN.
- I will never, ever, ever ever ever ever cheat or be with someone who is cheating. 0.0
- I will accept slight plot holes when it involves sexy dudes. (Seriously, that scene in the wheat field? a) that could not be comfortable; b) I just can’t figure out the logistics, c) how do two people sneak into a house, dripping wet, and covered in wheat, and have no one notice?)
- I miss London. THOSE MUSEUMS.
- Watching movies with good friends is epic in awesome.
- Apparently all rich women want is to get pregnant?
- People who accept patronizing attitudes, especially regarding money, are capable of anything.
- Really, people in general are capable of scary shiznits.
Recommended! Not my usual type of movie, but glad I watched it. It taught me some good things about red herrings, using character to create plot tension, and oh. Man. Just fun, if slightly unbelievable–in a good way. Also, anyone who’s seen the movie and read Crime and Punishment, how many parallels are there?
Oh, and should I ever actually try to read Crime and Punishment?
…here, have another picture of JRM, just because. Well. 😀