Things You Don’t Appreciate About the USA until You Live in Japan
Or maybe I’m just going through culture shock. But my mom sure was amused as we walked through Costco.
- Pint-sized glasses of water (rather than half-cups)
- Huge roads (without gaijin traps)
- Casual clothes (I don’t feel like such a slob whenever I’m outside. In fact, I feel nice!)
- Dryers (HOLY CRAP, I love them.)
- Big washing machines
- And REAL-SIZED OVENS
- Aerosol cooking spray (especially of the olive oil variety)
- Not having to duck under doorways
- CENTRAL HEAT, OMG (I’m frolicking around the house in a mere light zip-up. This is BIG NEWS guys.)
- Corny Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel
- And, I guess, my family. They’re kinda cool.
It’s been a good week! Still crazy excited for New Years. I wish everybody epically happy, or at least stress-free, holidays. ❤
HAPPY HOLIDAYS Y’ALL.